FRIENDS OF THE BATE
The Friends exist to support the Bate Collection in all aspects of its work
Current projects supported by the Friends include: the provision of an interactive display for use in the gallery, support towards the purchase, restoration and photography of new specimens. We have recently provided a Sound Guide for visitors including samples of instruments in the collection being played. This has been a huge hit with our visitors. Our next major project is to assist with the production of gallery guides.
Benefits of membership
- Newsletter three times a year containing articles about the collection and events.
- Informal musical introductions to the collection.
- Musical events including concerts and recitals.
- Lectures on musical instruments, composers and society.
- Exclusive access to the museum for private events.
- Discount at the Collection's shop, which has many unusual, musically themed gifts.
- The satisfaction of aiding a world-class collection in the acquisition, maintenance and display of important musical instruments.
Chairman: Sarah Montagu
Secretary: Andy Lamb
Treasurer: Lee J Palmer
As well as the usual Friend's activities, many members actively participate in the Bate Volunteer programme. Recent activities have included: Helping with preparing Special Exhibitions; Assiting with the care and conservation of the collection; playing instruments as part of the Archival Recording project; And helping Andy tidy the work-room (not a very popular activity)!
If you have any questions, please contact Andy Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org